Why Travel Is The Perfect Opportunity For Reinvention

Want to escape from the rat race or hussle? Want to have clear and greater vision. Go for it!

Travelling forces you to break out of your comfort zone.

Travel will add layers to your personality and gift you bucket loads of life experience. It will enrich you and broaden your tastes and knowledge.

Travelling changes your perception on things.

These new experiences and cultures you immerse in might change the way you perceive certain things. Like most of us who spend time in cities, the long queues and crowds, and the cadence of life can get to people. Venturing into new places makes one realise how small these problems are compared to the bigger world. Changing settings can help you see things from a different perspective and help reset thinking. I find travel helps me get out the traps in my thinking tied to a certain place or context.

You Should Travel To Help Reinvent Yourself

Throughout life, there are many circumstances that will force you to re-evaluate your life, your decisions and your directions. Careers, family, friends and hobbies all play an important part in which road your existence will take. But for the most part, the path that is made available to you through those avenues usually follows a course of predisposition. In my experience the one true factor which really forces you to step back, reflect and reconsider everything you know and understand is the concept of travel.

travel

Anyone can buy a ticket to a “faraway land”, with a comfortable bed already organised and a list of attractions that are worth seeing. But when I think of travel, that’s not what ideas come to my head.

It’s not the Pyramids of Giza that change you as a person. Nor is it Niagara Falls, the ruins of Rome, Petra, or any other such destination that features predominately in your chosen travel guide. The things that change you as a person are the people. The moments. The situations.

The people who have nothing but still manage to smile. The moments of stress that you are made to push on through. The situations that scare you that you manage to survive.

Life isn’t meant to be lived a particular way. Reinventing yourself is something that shouldn’t be forced, but should happen organically. Strange places, people and situations is the most authentic way you can experience this. Walk away from the familiar road. Your soul will thank you that you did.

summervibes

Home is wherever you can make it, but it’s likely you’ll keep going until the new you finds exactly what you’re looking for.